Ghana bracelet. African jewelry, jewellery, stretchy with solid brass bracelet bar which is engraved with 2 Adinkra Gye Nyame symbols.
strung in the UK using:
1. recycled glass beads handmade in Ghana’s Krobo using old and traditional bead-making techniques
2.brass bracelet bar, round bead and 3 small Adinkra charms handmade in Ghana using the ancient lost wax technique of metal casting
3. Natural lava beads
4. Griffin beading elastic (fantastic quality)
5. Tibetan style antique brass coloured bicone spacers and pendant bail
just over 6 inches long 14mm wide, this being the widest bead)
the bar measures 35mm x 12mm x 6mm and is excellently crafted
comes in a free bag
The meanings of the 3 symbols are:
1. Gye Nyame “except God” – belief in God as Supreme
2. Bi Nka Bi – symbol of peace
3. Fihankra – symbol of safety and security of the home
*Adinkra are visual symbols from the Akan tribes of Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire in West Africa. They represent concepts, original thoughts, and popular proverbs in easily memorable form. They’re also a record of historical events and express traditional attitudes.